Get busy living or get busy dying.
random words that inspire me.
You don’t sharpen your skills with resources, books, or articles. You sharpen your skills with practice. If you want get better, go do the thing.
That’s not magic, it’s talent and sweat.
Talent is good, practice is better, passion is best.
People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully. I’m actually as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have done. Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.
ever tried, ever failed. no matter. try again, fail again. fail better.
When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
It’s important for a warrior to keep his skill sharp.
I have led an extraordinary life on this planet, while at the same time travelling across the universe by using my mind and the laws of physics. I have been to the furthest reaches of our galaxy, travelled into a black hole and gone back to the beginning of time. On Earth, I have experienced highs and lows, turbulence and peace, success and suffering. I have been rich and poor, I have been able-bodied and disabled. I have been praised and criticised, but never ignored. I have been enormously privileged, through my work, in being able to contribute to our understanding of the universe. But it would be an empty universe indeed if it were not for the people I love, and who love me. Without them, the wonder of it all would be lost on me. ― Stephen Hawking, Brief Answers to the Big Questions (霍金遗作)
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.
Fundamental, fundamental, fundamental, …without the fundamental, all those fancy magics won’t work.
Seven times have I despised my soul:
- The first time when I saw her being meek that she might attain height.
- The second time when I saw her limping before the crippled.
- The third time when she was given to choose between the hard and the easy, and she chose the easy.
- The fourth time when she committed a wrong, and comforted herself that others also commit wrong.
- The fifth time when she forbore for weakness, and attributed her patience to strength.
- The sixth time when she despised the ugliness of a face, and knew not that it was one of her own masks.
- And the seventh time when she sang a song of praise, and deemed it a virtue.
- 第三次，在困难和容易之间，她选择了容易 ；
- 第五次，她因为软弱而忍让，却声称为自己的坚韧 ；