Seven times have I despised my soul:
- The first time when I saw her being meek that she might attain height.
- The second time when I saw her limping before the crippled.
- The third time when she was given to choose between the hard and the easy, and she chose the easy.
- The fourth time when she committed a wrong, and comforted herself that others also commit wrong.
- The fifth time when she forbore for weakness, and attributed her patience to strength.
- The sixth time when she despised the ugliness of a face, and knew not that it was one of her own masks.
- And the seventh time when she sang a song of praise, and deemed it a virtue.
- 第三次，在困难和容易之间，她选择了容易 ；
- 第五次，她因为软弱而忍让，却声称为自己的坚韧 ；
Fundamental, fundamental, fundamental, ...without the fundamental, all those fancy magics won’t work.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.